The Puerto Rico SBTDC is a program based at the Inter-American University of P.R. In a cooperative agreement with the Federal Small Business Administration. The program is accredited in Business Development and Technology and Marketing by the American Association of SBDC's, a nationwide network that offers its services through 1,000 offices and 58 universities in the US. In the Island, the program has eight (8) centers located in the Inter Campuses of Arecibo, Caguas, Fajardo, Ponce, San Juan (Metro) and San Germán. In addition, it has centers specialized in International Trade and Innovation and Technology located in the 10th Floor of Union Plaza on Avenida Ponce de León # 416. It has been recognized by the Chamber of Commerce as the Institution of the Year and as a "Supporter of Entrepreneurship" by the audit firm Ernst and Young.
The Puerto Rico SBTDC also helps entrepreneurs and businesses to export their products and services. SBTDC aims to support the entrepreneur in all aspects of his/her export plan and see that they achieve their goals and objectives.
- Capacity and knowledge evaluation
- Evaluation of financial capacity and assistance in acquiring financing
- Development of export plans
- Investigations of potential markets
- Payment strategies, collection methods, exchange of currencies
- Assistance with contracts, arbitration clauses, market regulations