The Entrepreneurial Development Program of the Municipality of Mayagüez promotes the development of self employment, microenterprises and small businesses through capacity building and entrepreneurial support. Promotes the commercialization of small businesses in the Mayagüez area and the western region of Puerto Rico. .
Participants of the program receive free of cost a series of services and support:
- Implementation of the Comprehensive Model for Strategic Business Management.
- Assistance in the development and strengthening of entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Assistance to business owners in movilization and management of finances and human resources. Reinforcement of business ethics.
- Guidance and services about legal requirements to establish a business in Puerto Rico, including legal structures.
- Guidance and assistance regarding permits across government agencies.
- Guidance and assistance to identify financial opportunities.
- Guidance regarding personal management: time management, public speaking, identifying and overcoming challenges.
- Guidance regarding banking, taxes, budget, cash flow, and sales and distribution.
- Estabishing connectios for: a) From private sector to acquire equipment and services.
- Student internship programs for areas of executive secretary, management and accounting.
- Climate change focus and development of environmental sustainability.
- Collaborative agreements for the benefit of small businesses.