AIMECS is an alliance between the following micro-enterprise incubators in Puerto Rico:
- Incubadora Surcos del Centro Isolina Ferré, Inc. - San Juan
- Incubadora Ganas de EcoRecursos Comunitarios, Inc. - Caguas
- Incubadora Semillas de Casa Sin Fronteras, Inc. - Arecibo
- Incubadora Alianza de Desarrollo Comunitario, Inc. - Naguabo
- Incubadora CADEEC del Proyecto PECES, Inc. - Humacao
- Incubadora del Programa de Investigación y Desarrollo Cooperativo del Instituto de Cooperativismo - UPR Río Piedras
What is a solidarity-based micro-enterprise incubator?
Solidarity-based micro enterprise incubators offer incubation services to entrepreneurs seeking assistance with their business and marketing plans, accounting, identifying sources of financing, among others. In AIMECS a person becomes an entrepreneur and a business idea becomes a micro-enterprise.
These incubators are characterized by their innovative proposal, as the incubation aims to facilitate the emergence of solidarity-based micro-enterprises and a new model of entrepreneurship.
During the incubation period, aspiring entrepreneurs learn tools that contribute to their personal and business development in order to unleash their maximum potential.